Simple, delicious, and most refreshing.
If everyone knew how easy shrimp cocktails are, they would indulge everyday.
I just love them, and my special twist here is the cucumber relish that I got from the sorbet recipe. Adam says it reminds him of Japan, it must be tasty then!
Ingredients for 2 servings:
1 to1 ½ dozen medium-size shrimps
½ cup mayonnaise
½ cup hot pepper sauce
¼ cup horseradish
½ cup fresh cucumber relish
Salt and pepper to taste
Celery stalk and chive to garnish
1. If using raw shrimp, peel and blanch with boiling water for 1 min or until just pink.
2. In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, hot pepper sauce, horseradish, salt and pepper.
3. Fill the bottom of cocktail glasses with the cucumber relish.
4. Layer the shrimp on the relish, saving a couple for garnish.
5. Pour the horseradish sauce on the shrimp.
6. Chill for at least 1 hr.