These Blondies, not the 70’s rock band, are the lighter version of the brownies because they use butterscotch instead of chocolate. Unless you decide to let your chocolate craving decide for you! In that case, just add one cup of white chocolate chips! Sweet and sour dried cranberries and flavourful roasted almonds and you are set for goûter!
½ cup butter
2/3 cup dark brown sugar
¼ cup crystallized sugar
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
1 tablespoon corn syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup all-purpose or cake flour
¼ teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1 pinch salt
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup chopped roasted almonds
1 cup dried cranberries
1. Melt the butter over medium high in a large saucepan and let simmer until golden brown.
2. Stir in the sugars using a whisk.
3. Remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature.
4. Beat in the eggs, syrup and vanilla.
5. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
6. Line a square baking pan with greased foil.
7. In a bowl, mix the flour with the baking powder, baking soda and salt.
8. Incorporate the flour into the butterscotch mixture.
9. Stir in the chocolate chips, chopped almonds and cranberries.
10. Transfer into the lined baking pan.
11. Bake for 20 mins.
12. Let cool on a rack.