It is fall, and we could be happy with apple and other fruit pies. But for those who know me, there had to be a chocolate tart recipe soon! Yes! This recipe works best for tartlets, which are served warm. And this time, I decided to spike my pastry with ground almonds to contrast with the filling.
You will find a sweet surprise in the oozing chocolate ganache.
You would not want to share these delicacies with anyone!
Ingredients for one dozen tartlets:
For the pastry:
1 cup all purpose flour
2/3 cup almonds
¼ cup sugar
½ cup cold butter
1 egg yolk
3 tablespoons cold water
1 pinch of salt
For the filling:
2 large eggs
2/3 cup sugar
¼ pound dark chocolate
2/3 cup butter
Candied cherries or orange peel
1. Chop the almonds in a food processor until ground.
2. Mix the ground almonds, the sugar and the salt with the flour in a bowl.
3. Cut the butter into small cubes and, using your hands, rub the butter into the flour mixture until obtaining coarse grains.
4. Slightly beat the egg yolk and stir into the flour mixture with a fork.
7. Preheat the oven to 325 F.
8. Line tartlet pans with parchment paper.
9. Roll the dough on a floured board.
10. Cut the dough and drape it over the lined pans.
11. Bake blind for 20 mins, until golden.
12. Chill in the fridge for 15 mins.
15. Beat the eggs and the sugar until fluffy.
16. Fold the melted chocolate into the egg mixture using a wooden spoon.
17. Chill completely. If you are eager to try the tartlets the same day, transfer the chocolate filling into a metal bowl and freeze for 30 mins. If not, the filling will solidify in the fridge overnight.
18. Drop a teaspoonful of candied fruit into the tart shells.
19. Top with a spoonful of the chocolate filling.
20. Bake for 10 mins and serve immediately.