These treats draw their sweetness from the bananas, which are infused with the spicy aroma of the dark rum! Especially, if you can get a hold of a bottle of
For the pastry:
1 cup all purpose flour
2/3 cup almonds
¼ cup sugar
½ cup cold butter
1 egg yolk
3 tablespoons cold water
1 pinch of salt
For the filling:
2 ripe bananas
1 tablespoon olive oil
¼ cup butter
¼ cup dark rum
½ cup dark chocolate
1. Chop the almonds in a food processor until ground.
2. Mix the ground almonds, the sugar and the salt with the flour in a bowl.
3. Cut the butter into small cubes and, using your hands, rub the butter into the flour mixture until obtaining coarse grains.
4. Slightly beat the egg yolk and stir into the flour mixture with a fork.
5. Add the water and knead for 1 min to form a ball.
6. Wrap the dough in clingfilm and chill for at least 30 mins.
7. Preheat the oven to 325 F.
8. Line tartlet pans with parchment paper.
9. Roll the dough on a floured board.
10. Cut the dough and drape it over the lined pans.
11. Bake blind for 20 mins, until golden.
12. While baking the tart shells, chop the bananas.
13. Heat the olive oil under medium high heat in a small pan.
14. Add 2 tablespoons of butter and the bananas to the pan and stir fry for 5 mins.
15. Pour the rum on the fruit and cook until caramelised.
16. Remove the banana mixture from the heat and let cool.
19. Cover the banana with the chocolate and ½ teaspoon of butter.
20. Bake for 10 mins, until the chocolate has melted.
21. Serve immediately.