2 cups whipping cream
1 cup milk
½ cup sugar
1 vanilla bean
1 package gelatine
3 tablespoon water
1½ pint strawberry
¼ simple syrup
½ lime juice
- Add cream and milk to a saucepan, and stir in the sugar.
- Slice the vanilla bean and add to the saucepan.
- While stirring, warm the cream mixture over medium-high heat, until almost boiling.
- Mix the gelatine with the cold water, and wait 1-2 mins.
- Remove the hot cream mixture from the heat, take the vanilla bean out, and stir in the gelatine until dissolved. Let it cool.
- Slice ½ pint of strawberries, lay them at the bottom of the ramequins.
- Pour the lukewarm cream mixture on top of the strawberries.
- Chill for 3-4 hours until set.
- Before serving, puree the rest of the strawberries with the syrup and lime juice to make the coulis.