I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!
But there is always a quest for the best accompaniment to my, your, our péché mignon – which, believe it or not, literally translates into cute sin! Fresh fruit, crême
I made these oversized lace cookies to go with my chocolate sorbet, and they bring the perfect buttery sweetness and crunch to balance its rich and intense flavour. They are quick and easy to make. I just melted together butter, fancy molasses and sugar, and stirred in
Ingredients for 1 dozen oversized cookies:
¼ cup butter
¼ cup fancy molasses
¼ cup crystallised sugar
½ cup pecans
6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. In a small saucepan, stir together butter, molasses, and sugar over medium high heat, until melted.
3. Coarsely chop the pecans.
4. Remove from heat and stir in
5. Line one or two baking sheets with parchment paper.
6. Drop the dough using a tablespoon onto lined baking sheets, leaving 3 inches between the mounds to allow the cookies to expand.
7. Bake the cookies for 12 mins until golden brown.
8. Leave the lace cookies on the baking sheet for 2 mins, until cooled but malleable enough to handle.
9. Transfer onto a rolling pin for shaping.
10. Cool completely on the rack.