Ingredients for 2-3 dozen Biscotti:
2 cups all purpose flour
¾ cup cornmeal
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3 large eggs
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon orange liqueur
2 tablespoons candied orange and lemon rinds
1 cup chocolate chips
- Whisk the flour with the cornmeal, baking powder and salt in a small bowl.
- Break the eggs in a large bowl and add the sugar.
- Beat the eggs-sugar mixture until pale yellow and fluffy and add the orange liqueur.
- Add the dry ingredients into the egg mixture and stir vigorously using a knife to give a soft and sticky dough.
- Add the candied rinds and the chocolate chips. Let stand for 5 mns.
- Preheat the oven to 325 F and line a large baking sheet with parchemin paper or foil.
- Divide the dough into two and transfer onto the lined baking sheet.
- Moisten your hands with water and shape the dough into logs.
- Bake the logs for 35 mns.
- Cool the lights brown logs for 5 mns and cut the logs into ½ in. slices until a serrated knife.
- Arrange the slices on the lined baking sheet and bake for 25 mns.
- Cool the browned biscotti on a rack and store in an air-tight container.