Well! Happy belated New Year! I had the most amazing Christmas break – in my native country,
The recipe is inspired from the Epicurious recipe, without having to make your own eggnog. Bon Appétit!
1 pound mascarpone cheese
1 cup eggnog
1 ounce dark rum
2 teaspoons grated nutmeg
1 cup whipping cream
1 cup strong espresso coffee
30 ladyfinger cookies
1 cup chocolate shavings
1. In a large bowl, mix mascarpone cheese, eggnog, nutmeg and 1 tablespoon of rum.
2. In another bowl, whip the cream until forming soft peaks.
3. Gently fold the cream into the cheese mixture.
4. Prepare the hot espresso.
5. To assemble, dip the ladyfingers in the hot coffee and layer at the bottom of a serving dish.
6. Sprinkle with rum and chocolate shavings.
7. Spoon some mascarpone mixture over the ladyfingers.
8. Repeat with one or two more layers of cookies, rum, chocolate shavings.
9. Finish with one layer of cheese covered with chocolate shavings.
10. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 6 hrs.