Ingredients for about 3 dozen cookies:
1 cup room-temperature, unsalted butter
1 cup crystallized sugar
½ cup brown sugar
1 large egg
1-2 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup cocoa powder
2 tablespoons buttermilk
1¾ cup all purpose flour
¾ teaspoon baking soda
1 cup chopped walnuts
½ cup chopped candied ginger
¾ cup dark chocolate chips
1. In a large bowl, cream together butter, sugars and vanilla using an electric mixer, until fluffy.
2. Beat in the egg, then the sifted cocoa and the buttermilk.
3. In a small bowl, mix flour and baking soda.
4. Add the flour mixture to the chocolate buttercream.
5. Stir in ginger, chocolate, and walnuts.
6. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
7. Line the baking sheets with parchment paper.
8. Drop the cookie dough using a teaspoon onto the lined sheets, leaving 2 inches in between the mounds.
9. Bake for 12 mins.
10. Cool for 2 mins before removing from the baking sheet.