Cooking banana and chicken together sounds weird, doesn’t it? Well! Wait until you have read and tried this tasty recipe!
Have you ever tried banana sauce? We found it at the Chinese superstore, with the rest of the condiments. Expected a heavy sweet-and-sour, banana-y taste, got a surprisingly mild-tasting ketchup instead! The banana ketchup is actually a product of the
I would usually use tomato paste to thicken my chicken dishes but, this time, I chose the sweet and sour condiment to enhance the sweetness of the red pepper and the sun dried tomatoes. As you know now, the chicken does not taste like bananas! It is yummy, even yummier with sautéed baby artichokes!
Ingredients for 4 servings:
1 pound chicken drumsticks (or breasts)
1 hot pepper (Cherry bomb)
1 red pepper
½ cup sun-dried tomatoes
1 small red onion
2 stalk celery
1 bottle banana ketchup
1 cup dry white wine
1 clove garlic
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1. Season the chicken with salt, pepper and herbs.
2. Turn the oven broiler on.
3. Transfer the chicken onto a baking sheet and broil for 30 mins until all sides are golden and tent with foil.
4. While broiling the chicken, heat some oil over medium high heat in a pan.
5. Smash the garlic and chop the onion, celery, and pepper.
6. Add the chopped vegetables and the tomatoes to the pan and stir fry for 1-2 mins.
7. Stir the banana ketchup and the wine in.
8. Let simmer for 10 mins.
9. Add the broiled chicken into the sauce and let simmer for 30 mins over medium to low heat.
10. Serve with sticky rice and sautéed baby artichokes.