25.4.08

Chocolate Raisin Oatmeal Cookies

(click on the picture for details...)

Please, please! Make my favourite cookies, this time!

Which ones?

Well, I think that we can all relate to this piece of conversation!

I think that we just don’t want to admit it, we all love cookies! I like baking them, but I like eating them too. Truth be told, pleasing your loved ones is the best catalyst for baking cookies.

Everyone has a favourite cookie! Oatmeal cookies! We got oats, raisins and chocolate! Just for that! I know that, for the purist, I am missing chopped walnuts or pecans here. Well, I just wanted my buttery treats soft and chewy but you are most welcome to add nuts for crunch. Because, I was in spicy mood, I also decided to incorporate spices from my pain d’épices recipe into my cookies.

Ingredients for 4 dozen cookies:

1 cup butter

1 cup sugar

1 cup brown sugar

2 large eggs

2 teaspoon vanilla

1½ cup flour

1 ¼ teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon cinnamon

1 teaspoon nutmeg

1 teaspoon ground cloves

3 cups rolled oats

1 cup chocolate chips

1 cup Thompson raisins

1. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars using an electric mixer, until fluffy.

2. Beat in the eggs and vanilla.

3. In a small bowl, mix flour, baking soda, salt and spices.

4. Incorporate the flour mixture to the buttercream.

5. Stir in oats, chocolate chips, and raisins.

6. Preheat the oven to 350 F.

7. Line the baking sheets with parchment paper.

8. Drop the cookie dough using a teaspoon onto the lined sheets. Make sure to leave 2 inches in between the mounds, because the cookies will flatten and spread upon baking.

9. Bake for 10 mins.

10. Cool on the baking sheet for 2 mins then on a wire rack.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.