Spring is definitely here! At the grocery store, the fresh strawberry baskets are expanding from week to week! I cannot wait until they reach the flat size to make jam, of course, but also quick-and-easy desserts like this sandwich. I would have made oversized cookies for strawberry shortcakes, but I already made pain d’épices so that what I used instead.
Ingredients for 4 dozen cookies:
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoon vanilla
1½ cup flour
1 ¼ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground cloves
3 cups rolled oats
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup Thompson raisins
1. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars using an electric mixer, until fluffy.
2. Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
3. In a small bowl, mix flour, baking soda, salt and spices.
4. Incorporate the flour mixture to the buttercream.
5. Stir in oats, chocolate chips, and raisins.
6. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
7. Line the baking sheets with parchment paper.
8. Drop the cookie dough using a teaspoon onto the lined sheets. Make sure to leave 2 inches in between the mounds, because the cookies will flatten and spread upon baking.
9. Bake for 10 mins.
10. Cool on the baking sheet for 2 mins then on a wire rack.