Still happily celebrating the return of Spring! Choke cherry trees and lilac are blossoming and their heady fragrances are attracting bees and wasps into our garden. I love waking up to the chirping of the sparrow and their chicks. I even surprised a couple of blue jays and cardinals playing underneath the arcs of water while I was watering the lawn.
(click on the picture for more...)
Simples comme bonjour!
18 mns flat, including baking! For these no-butter cookies, I just whisked all the ingredients together in a bowl and freshly grated aniswood bark into the batter. Yes, aniswood again. I just can’t get enough of this spice and, literally, I still have a bucketful to go through so no sense being stingy! Feel free to substitute with freshly ground fennel or anis seeds! Another point: unlike regular drop cookies, the dough is essentially a batter but do not fret! 15 mins in the oven and these cookies will keep your sweet tooth satisfied.
Ingredients for 3 dozen:
1½ cup sugar
1¾ cup all purpose flour
1 tablespoon anis wood (Substitute with fennel seeds)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. Mix eggs and sugar in a large bowl using a whisk.
3. Stir in the flour and the aniswood.
4. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
5. Drop the disks of batter onto the lined baking sheet using a tablespoon.
6. Bake for 15 mns until golden.
7. Let cool on the baking sheet and store in an airtight container.
For other recipes using aniswood: